Residential Drafting Services of Portland is a friendly and inexpensive way to get building plans drawn. Our residential drafting services are at a much lower cost than most draftsman/architects.The difference between us and the other guys, is that we operate with almost $0 overhead which we pass on to you. Our mission is to offer an affordable, timeless and painless alternative to draw your building plans. We have over 12 years of experience (8 of these in the greater Portland area).
We Draw Plans For The Following Types of Projects:
* NEW HOMES
* SINGLE-STORY HOME ADDITIONS
* TWO-STORY HOME ADDITIONS
* DORMER ADDITIONS
* HOME RENOVATIONS
* SPACE CONVERSIONS
* AS-BUILT DRAWINGS
*LIGHT COMMERCIAL (SUCH AS BAKERIES, RESTAURANTS, etc.)
*ALL PROJECTS ARE DESIGNED TO MEET CODE.
*SE HABLA ESPAÑOL Y SE HACEN PLANOS PARA MEXICO Y LATINOAMERICA.
*NOTE: EFFECTIVE AUGUST 2018: We've made the transition to work remotely.
To provide a higher quality service and a faster turnaround time, we have made the transition to offer our services remotely, which means that we are not limited to the Greater Portland Area anymore. This transition now allows us to offer our services to the whole Oregon and Washington states region.
Remote Building-Plans-Design-Service Outlined:
If you are interested to hire us for a home remodel, please be aware that you, the Service Requester, will have to email Residential Drafting Services of Portland (Service Provider) sketches and pictures of your existing home. With such information, we will draw an Existing Floor Plan. Immediately after the Existing Floor Plan is drawn, we will email it to you and you will "redline" any changes or/and add-ons then, you will email it back to us once revised. After that, we will then design a Proposed Floor Plan which it will also be emailed to you for revisions and add-ons. From there on, once we have agreed on the Proposed Floor Plan layout, the rest of the plan-sheets will be drawn and delivered to you through PayPal and in a PDF file.
For new homes the process is usually the same minus the Existing Floor Plan.
Usually a complete set of plans for permitting consists of:
✓Existing Floor Plan (for remodels only).
✓Proposed Floor Plan
✓Cross Sections and Details
Overall, is imperative that for us to draw accurate building plans, you, the Service Requester and Client, provide us with:
1. A hand-drawn sketch of the Existing Floor Plan of your house/project or proposal.
2. Pictures of the interior and exterior of the house/project.
3. Measurements of existing areas when requested, a sketch will be provided to you with instructions to fill in the necessary measurements.
4. A home address of the house/project.
5. The scope of the project, in other words, a description of the proposed work.
6. Other pieces of information regarding your project. such as design criteria from your local planning/zoning and building department and, any other relevant information about your project that you think we should be aware of.
7. Communication among both of us through email will be required.
Down payment* and final payments are conducted via PayPal. Our services offer a 90-Day Plans Warranty for changes after the final payment occurs. We also sign a Service Contract before we commence.
* Down Payment equals to 33% of the total price.
A Service Contract stipulating total cost, down and final payment, the scope of the project, completion time, and responsibilities will be elaborated and emailed to you after a consultation (immediately after you provide us with sketches and pictures of your project along with a description of your project needs).
Hopefully this clarifies the details of our Remote Building-Plans Design Service.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate in getting in touch.
Luis F. Miramontes